Pages

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

2 Days in a Row

Part of my switch to a more primal diet has been reading blog posts on Mark's Daily Apple. Mark advocates practicing fasting on occasion and I had one such un-planned fast today. While Daniel and I had the best of intentions of cooking on Sunday and making meals for the week, we visited some friends instead. With all that has been happening over the last two months, I was happy to fit in some much needed friend time, even if it was at the cost of being prepared for the week. As a result, I didn't have lunch made for today, and my plan of ordering a salad at school got scrapped with a late arrival to work and a parent meeting at 8:30. When I realized I forgot to order lunch (just 15 minutes prior to my lunchtime) and I had a ton of work to do, I decided this would just serve as a mini-fast. I would just skip lunch. I was productive during my fasting lunch and wasn't that hungry. I used almond milk in my breakfast shake (instead of water) and I think that had something to do with my staying full and satisfied for longer. This might have to be a permanent change... While I wasn't that hungry after work, I was nervous to go to tutoring with nothing in my stomach since breakfast. So I polished off some Spanish Almonds from Whole Foods (I'm addicted - and they've been on sale).
I also finished half a bag of plantain chips. Whoops!
And tried four of these. I am not a fan - not worth the flour cheat!
Although it was a lot of snacking, I avoided Donut Delight. My tutoring gig helped me to develop a Tuesday afternoon habit of visiting Donut Delight. I would order a coffee and a glazed donut or a bagel toasted with butter. Tasted great, but packed on the pounds AND made me fall asleep at tutoring every time. So embarassing. Since I've cut out those Tuesday afternoon visits, I've stayed awake for every tutoring session. Dinner was just as unplanned as lunch today and Daniel and I made a quick trip to Whole Foods. I got kale salad, beet salad, and roasted butternut squash with peppers. When we got home, I had a few more plantain chips with guacamole, a Trader Joe's pork sausage and my roasted butternut squash. I was full before I could dive in to the kale and beets. Looks like I have a healthy lunch for tomorrow.
Of course I'm never too full for a little dark chocolate. I had 4 mini-squares from a Trader Joe's dark chocolate bar. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment