Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Back on the Wagon

It was back to Weight Watchers this evening after a week in Barbados eating copious amounts of food. On the menu this evening, Wild Scottish Salmon and Sweet Potato Spears, inspiration courtesy of the blog Carrots and Cake. The salmon was a little over done. I think next time I would cook it at a lower temperature for a longer time. The 4 oz. fillets were cooked at 325 for 20 minutes. Prior to putting the fish in the oven, I sprinkled some Whole Foods Jerk Seasoning on the top of each fillet. For the sweet potato spears, two sweet potatoes were cut into skinny wedges, tossed in olive oil (I used my fancy truffle olive oil for these guys), and then topped with a pinch of sea salt before going in the oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees. We put them back in on broil for 3 minutes to get them extra crispy. It isn't flying fish in Barbados, but I'll take it. Yum. Happy 2013 all!

No comments:

Post a Comment